What is a BDR and why does my small business need one?
Simply put, a BDR, or Backup and Disaster Recovery appliance is a local backup device that you can use in an emergency to run your failed server until repairs or a new solution is put in place.
If you don't have one installed at your small business, ask your IT Managed Services provider to put one in place for you. A reputable computer support company will be able to help you understand the pros and cons of any backup solution.
To read some more info, click here.
Why does your business need a BDR?
- Keep your business operating in case of disaster
- Comply with HIPAA, PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, SOC-1 and SOC02 requirements
- Replicates your backup to the cloud which allows for cloud recovery options
- Eliminate disruptions to your business flow
- Better than data only backup
- Faster time to recovery in the event of server failure
- Easy to setup and use
- Save $$ on IT support costs
- Increased peace of mind
Is a BDR right for your company? If you are using a traditional "data only" backup, we thing a BDR is a much better solution. Contact us and we can have a no-obligation call to see if a BDR is right for your company.